Make today Pan-tastic!
Pancakes for breakfast? How about for lunch and dinner too?! Well, Shrove Tuesday is the day to do it. Although let’s be honest, in lockdown who is gonna know if you turn Pancake Day into Pancake week… we won’t tell! To help add an extra flip to your pancake plans, Chef Alex takes us through his fluffier-than-most crepe recipe.
This is an evolution of pancakes that I prepare for my daughter. They started with Canadian pancakes; which are very similar to American pancakes, but lighter and fluffier. But she wasn’t quite happy with them, so after multiple changes to the recipe, I’ve ended up with essentially crepes. These are a fair bit thicker than your proper French crepes, but you could use the same recipe to achieve the French crepe, just get 4 crepes from a batch instead of two.
Oil Blend (2 Tablespoons)
1 Large Free Range Eggs
Whole Milk (150 ml)
Plain White Flour (30g)
Granulated Sea Salt (pinch)
Nutella (2 Tablespoons)
Icing Sugar (to dust)
Squirty Cream as much as you want!
- Heat oil in 2 omelette pans on a medium-high heat.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour and sea salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add egg mixture evenly to both pans; tilt the pans to ensure even coverage.
- When crepes are nearly set, flip and cook for an addition 10 seconds.
- Flip again and spread Nutella evenly over both crepes.
- Roll crepes and place on a plate.
- Dust with icing sugar and add some cream on the side.